Thu, Sep 15|
African Startups DemoDay Preview
Come meet some of Africa's fastest scaling startups, transforming the continent in categories such as ecommerce, fintech, blockchain and more!
Time & Location
Sep 15, 2022, 12:00 PM – 1:10 PM PDT
About the event
Out of an inaugural cohort of 12 stellar teams, this first session introduces you to the first 4 teams who launched within the past 18 months and are flying through their milestones due to the environment of a continent on the move.
Following their presentation, then your Q&A, stick around for a quick 10 minute overview into why African tech is trending, and what macroeconomic headwinds are bolstering its rise into the global scene.
- why and how Africa is built different
- where the opportunities lie for you in a continent that is 3 times the size of the Continental US, holding 60% of the world's youngest population poised to acquire buying power within the next 5 years
- why declining tech enabled industries in the global north are booming across Africa [mobility, minerals, oil & gas, infrastructure, telecommunications]
- which major global players in aid, finance, payments and platform are rushing to establish a presence now in key ecosystems across the continent
- why projections for Africa are most times flawed [read: Covid predictions on spread & containment, 2022 downturn for funded deals] and are later proven wrong because Africa is built different
- what opportunities lie for you in agritech, with Africa owning 60% of the remaining arable land in the world
....and so much more.
This will be a great opportunity for us to dialog on the infinite potential for your investment strategy as we move into 2023.
Quick welcome and event overviewMain Stage
Startup Presentation [4 teams]Main Stage